101 Surf Sports is proud to announce the arrival of Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga to Marin County right here in San Rafael.
Yoga on Stand Up Paddleboards blends all the positives of a good work out for mind and body by taking your class to the water. By introducing an extra element of balance to the overall equation you'll get a Yoga class unlike any you've had before. And rest assured 101 Surf Sports has the perfect board to improve the likelihood your yoga experience a dry one.
Classes are $25 for 60 minutes of instruction and run on every Saturday at 9:30am (please arrive by 9:20 am). Reservations are required and scheduling can be impacted by weather. We also offer a discounted package of 10 lessons for $225.00.
101 Surf Sports has partnered with OnBoard Fitness' Leigh Claxton to provide world class Yoga classes and instructor every Saturday. We offer both group classes and one on one instruction. 101 Surf Sports is proud to lead the only tethered Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga in the San Francisco Bay Area.
By tethering both the nose and tail of the SUP you can still get all of the benefits of balancing on the board with out the worry or hassle of drifting away. If you have your own board please bring it otherwise we have all the gear you'll need to make your SUP Yoga experience a great time on the water.
Why SUP Yoga? By doing your Yoga on a paddleboard your body and mind are constantly engaged due to the natural variations in balance of the board on the water. This unique and non repetetive motion engages hundreds of proprioceptors "small balance muscles" aligning your spine and other major joints including hips, knees, and ankles. Stand Up Paddling Yoga is a fanatastic low impact sport that can be incorporated as cross training to help you improve in the sports you already participate in. By including SUP Yoga in to your regular workout routine you will gain that edge to get you performance the next level in all your activities. In addition SUP Yoga can dramatically reduce your aches and pains by strengthening and aligning your joints and muscles all in the serene evironment of the water.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Weather can vary greatly so layered clothing is a great way to be prepared before and after your session.
- A swimsuit or sports tank and shorts are the most appropriate attire. Add a rash guard top and/or sunscreen to help protect yourself from the sun. Lycra or other synthetic attire is the way to go and cotton fabrics should be avoided.
- Hats and sunglasses are also helpful in protecting against the sun, but remember leashes for those sun glasses as can fall off easily in poses like downward dog.
- Drink plenty of water before class since it's hard to rehydrate on the board.
- Bring an open mind and your sense of playfulness!