101 Surf Sports is proud to roll out our 2013 Surf Camp for Kids aged 6-17. Looking to get the kids surfing then let us give you the 101.
First up is our kids Surfing camps for Marin County and the San Francisco Bay Area. We have partnered with Stinson Beach Surf Camps to make surf camps a fun and convenient solution for a summer adventure the Kids will never forget. The Camps start on June 17th and run through September 31st and are held at Stinson Beach each weekday. You can choose to do a single day or spend the entire week getting your surfing game on. The camp provides both boys and girls of all levels with the opportunity to get surfing in a fun and safe environment. Here are some of the logistics.
• Ages 7-17 (boys and girls)
• All gear is provided by Stinson Beach Surf Camps
• Transportation from Mill Valley, Fairfax, and Olema to Stinson is available. We arrange for the Ganouby Surf Instructor to meet you and your kids for a drop off on this side of Mt. Tamalpais. The easiest location for meeting is the Subway Sandwhich Shop in Mill Valley. From their the instructor and the kids will go as a group on Mill Valley's Stagecoach (pictured at right). The trip leaves daily 8:35am on Route 61 West Bound from Mill Valley to Stinson Beach. Return Trips come on the 3:00pm daily Route 61 East bound. Your child will return to Mill Valley by 3:50-4pm.
• All instructors are CPR certified lifeguards and surfers
• Monday Through Friday 9am-3:30pm with extended hours available.
Rates (pictured at left Ganouby Surf's lead instructor Tommy Glavey)
o $400 per week
o $100 for full day (9:30 to noon or noon to 3:30)
o $55 for half day
o Multi-Day Passes - 6 Days = $550, 10 Days = $900, 15 Days = $1350, 20 Days = $1695 (can be shared amongst family and friends - RSVP Required each day of use.)
o Multi-Week Passes - 2 weeks $775, 3 weeks $1150, 6 weeks $2180, Season Pass $4000
Here's What to expect :
- Bus Pickup (if Mill Valley) - 8:35 am (please be present no later than 8:30am to make sure you catch the shuttle)
- Arrive Stinson Beach - 9:20am
- Dry Land Instruction lead off for first day surfers - more experienced surfers take to the water. Instructors oversee both.
- In the Water Surf Instruction
- Lunch (bring your own lunch or Lunch money as food service is available)
- Back to the water (Poor weather conditions in the afternoon may bring Soccer on to the agenda)
- 3:30pm wrapped up and back on the shuttle.
The mission of our Surf Camp is to help create knowlgeable surfers to keep surfing safe, and fun for everyone! We strive to maintain Student to Staff Ratios of four to one (4:1). Water ratio is four to one (4:1), and general beach staff ratios are four to one (4:1). Ratios depend on safety, maturity, and experience of the group. Our camp is centered on fun filled days at the beach while learning how to surf. In the mornings we stretch, warm-up, and the surf for about two hours. After surfing, we eat lunch, and relax under the tent or in some shade. Then we play some beach games for about thirty minutes. Once everyone is ready, we all go surf, and swim for another two hours.
What To Bring : Towel, Lunch/Food, Water, Hat and Sunscreen, Warm Clothes to wear on the beach while resting. While we provide wetsuits and booties if you have your own bring them. Bring a jacket or heavy sweatshirt for wearing over the top of your wetsuit during lunch. This is would be a jacket you do not mind getting wet. Bring a bag for storing wet items.
We also offer a full selection of Adult Surf lessons on an as scheduled basis. Click here for Adult Surf Lessons Information.